Miguel Camara, MD
My philosophy of care is to treat each patient as a very important person, providing the best medical care with compassion, communication, and competence.
Accurate diagnosis and best treatment options for best patient outcomes is the goal for each patient encounter.
Patient education is vital for each to make decisions regarding their health.
- Medical School: University of The East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center, Quezon City, Philippines, 1978-1982, Doctor of Medicine, (Ranked 2nd in class of 265).
- Internship: Makati Medical Center, Makati City, Philippines.
- Residency: Internal Medicine, University of Hawaii Integrated Medical Residency Training Program, Honolulu, Hawaii, June 1984 – June 1987.
- Fellowship: Allergy-Immunology at the National Jewish Center for Immunology & Respiratory Medicine, Denver Colorado, July 1987 – June 1989.
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology 1999-2019.
- National Board of Physicians and Surgeons, 2015.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
- Fellow, Illinois Society of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
- Clopidogrel (Plavix) Desensitization Protocol. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions, 2007,Vol.69, 154.
- Clopidogrel (Plavix) Desensitization, a Case Series. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions, 2005,Vol.65, 4: 525-527.
- Double-blind trial of pyridoxine (vitamin B6) in the treatment of steroid-dependent asthma. Annals of Allergy. 70(2): 147-52, 1993 Feb.
- The role of immediate food hypersensitivity in the pathogenesis of atopic dermatitis among Filipino children, a pilot study. Phil. J of Allergy Immunology. 1995, Vol.2 No.1.
- The allergen potency preservative effect of human serum albumin, 10% glycerin, and phosphate buffered saline as diluents of house dust mite extracts. Phil. J of Allergy Immunology. 1995, Vol.2 No.1.
- Adverse reactions to inhalant allergen immunotherapy. Phil. J of Allergy Immunology. 1995, Vol.2 No.1.
- University of the East Medical Center College of Medicine, Silver Medal Class Salutatorian Award, April 1982.
- Winthrop-Stearns College Scholar, University of the East Medical Center, 1981-1982.
- Full College Scholar, University of the East Medical Center, 1979 -1980.